Black Prince Cirque

I went exploring in the Mount Black Prince area.

My usual destination in this area is the tree triangle, but as I was by myself, I wanted to do a bit of exploring.

There was a considerable amount of snow in the parking lot, far more than I would have expected from the mediocre reviews coming from people who had skied the area earlier in the season.

The first area I wanted to check out was the loop that connected to Black Prince Cirque. The cirque itself didn't seem practical in the winter (steep slopes next to avalanche prone terrain), but I did do the trail up to Warspite Lake, then picked up the rest of the loop circling back to the main trail.


Mount Black Prince (2932m) behind Warspite Lake

I also wanted to check out the branch-off from the bench, but after following this trail for about 45 minutes, it seemed to go up into terrain I didn't feel comfortable exploring on my own, so the skins came off and I skied back to the car.

I think the tree triangle is definitely in condition, and I'll check it out after the next dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment