Skaha

I did not bring my camera on this trip, as I wanted to focus on the climbing.

We left Calgary a touch past 6pm on Thursday, September 29th. Ray burned some rubber and we made it into camp at around 12:15am local time. 7h15m is certainly a lot faster than I've ever done the trip.

The weather was beautiful on Friday and we had a leisurely start to the day. The goal was to tick some stuff off at Claim-It-All. These are the routes I did:

Morning Thief - 9
Lunatic Fringe - 10a
Stubborn Stream - 10b

I started doing Colours of the Wind (11a), but had an awkward fall at the 4th clip which resulted in slamming my right knee against the rock. At first, I thought that maybe I had broken something, but things eventually settled down. I was done for the day. Ethan, on the other hand, completed both Colours of the Wind and Press the Flesh (11a).

Saturday was a rain day, and although it wasn't completely wet, things were not going to dry out anytime soon so we went for a walk into town.

Sunday saw a better day and we headed into Go Anywhere to warm up:

It's About Time - 8
All the Way to Pluto - 10a

We then moved across the valley for some more interesting stuff:

Logan's Run - 10b
Wings of Desire - 11b

Ethan and I sieged Wings of Desire. He climbed the first 2/3rds, got pumped out, lowered, then I took over where he left off and finished the route. We will definitely have to come back and try to do it clean. Fantastic position at the top.

We then hit Elusive Edge on the way out, but by this time I was spent from my time on Wings of Desire. I did Sideshow Rob (10b), but it wasn't pretty and I'll have to come back and do it again properly.

In the end, I didn't do a whole lot of climbing, but it was good to get on some harder stuff, and I certainly don't need to eat any smokies for a while.

1 comment:

  1. 'Wings' of Desire eh? Interesting... :) So, good news is that I still get sweaty palms when I read climbing stories. I better get back into the sport soon!

    ReplyDelete